Delta is raising the standard for vegetarian and plant-based meals onboard with unique new dishes featuring products from Impossible Foods, Black Sheep Foods and locally-grown vegetables.
The additional menu options will launch this month alongside the reintroduction of hot meals for Delta One and First Class customers on select flights 900 miles and greater.
“Not only are plant-based meats like Impossible Burger delicious to eat, but they’re also often better for the environment, using far less land and water to produce,” said Kristen Manion Taylor, SVP – inflight service. “These new options are one part of Delta’s broader mission to promote a wellness-focused travel journey.”
From the signature Impossible Burger to Black Sheep Foods’ plant-based lamb meatballs, read on for five new plant-based and vegetable-packed dishes on Delta flights:
- Impossible Burger: Delta is putting its own spin on the Impossible Burger with a green chili spice-rubbed burger topped with caramelised onion chutney and Manchego cheese served on a brioche roll.
- Lamb meatballs: Black Sheep Foods‘ juicy, plant-based lamb meatballs are inspired by the highest-quality heritage breed lamb; the Greek-inspired dish is served with spinach rice and feta.
- Impossible Meatballs: Impossible Meatballs are made by Impossible Foods with a mix of Impossible Burger and Impossible Sausage and seasoned with a savory homestyle blend. The meatballs are served in a pomodoro sauce with orzo risotto, pesto cream, spinach and roasted tomatoes.
- Cauliflower cakes: Pan-fried cauliflower cakes made with riced cauliflower, rapini and parmesan are served with creamy pesto orzo, roasted tomatoes, and toasted hazelnuts.
- Warm Seasonal Vegetable Plate: This vegetable-packed dish features fresh broccolini, roasted button mushrooms, grilled heirloom carrots, grilled red onions and roasted cherry tomatoes, served with herb-scented Israeli couscous and a lemon herb butter.