The Onboard Hospitality Mentoring Network
Sept 1, 2019
Onboard Hospitality is proud to champion the Onboard Hospitality Mentoring Network – a collaboration to drive forward our industry’s professional and entrepreneurial development, and actively nurture young talent.
Launched in collaboration with industry stalwarts and a leading hospitality school, the network aims to:
• Connect the industry with young entrepreneurs and hospitality students
• Raise awareness of the sector’s career potential and business opportunities
• Provide mentoring to students & young businesses
• Connect creative talent & new products with the onboard sector
Spearheaded by long-time talent champion, Mike Pooley and Onboard Hospitality editor Julie Baxter, the mentoring network comprises a panel of volunteer mentors who support students from one of the world’s leading hospitality schools – at Oxford Brookes University – through its well-established Bacchus mentoring scheme. This panel also acts as business gurus to entrepreneurs and business professionals entering our 2020 Onboard Hospitality Awards.
In addition to providing the network with regular exposure through our website, e-newsletter and in print issues, Onboard Hospitality will actively support the Mentoring Network by reinvesting a proportion of our annual award entry fees into practical business mentoring prizes (see below) which are also supported by The Hayward Partnership, a respected resource and knowledge pool with wide expertise across the inflight sector.
The Onboard Hospitality Mentoring Network is an on-going initiative building collaboration with other hospitality and catering bodies and identifying professional development opportunities within businesses large and small. To volunteer your involvement please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For your chance to win support from the network enter the 2020 Onboard Hospitality Awards open for entry from September to December 1 2019. For further information on awards entries contact email@example.com.
Be an onboard winner
As part of the Onboard Hospitality Awards 2020, Onboard Hospitality is proud to support two valuable new mentoring grants in collaboration with The Hayward Partnership, a consortium of industry experts with a wealth of hands-on business experience across the travel catering, retail and hospitality sectors, and beyond. The Partnership works to promote knowledge transfer and is actively involved in the mentoring and support of a wide range of businesses of all sizes, and aspiring individuals within them.
Lance Hayward, Managing Director, said: “The Onboard Hospitality Awards are the leading awards in our sector, set up to recognise excellence and champion innovation. They encourage and reward forward thinking and help emerging talent and new ideas in the sector. The Hayward Partnership is similarly keen to support the next generation of entrepreneurs and business leaders and pleased to sponsor the Onboard Hospitality Mentoring Grants as an opportunity to champion new talent and support the dynamic exchange of best practice. We wish all entrants good luck in the process.”
Any business entering our annual Onboard Hospitality Awards has a chance to win one of 15 category awards plus one of two valuable mentoring prizes.
Prize 1: Break-through grant
Any young business (SME trading for at least one year) entering the 2020 Onboard Hospitality Awards will be offered the chance to win the following:
ONBOARD HOSPITALITY BREAK-THROUGH GRANT, worth over £6000, to include:
• A free half page advertisement in Onboard Hospitality – including design
• Free inclusion in the Onboard Hospitality Finder search engine
• A page of editorial in Onboard Hospitality
• A promotional eblast to our buyers and suppliers database
• A two hour one-to-one advice session with an onboard hospitality business mentor
• £1000 cash to invest in your onboard hospitality initiatives
Prize 2: Leadership recognition grant
Businesses entering the 2020 Onboard Hospitality Awards which are already active in our sector will be offered the chance to win an:
ONBOARD HOSPITALITY LEADERSHIP RECOGNITION GRANT, worth over £3000, to include:
• An invitation to join our Onboard Hospitality Mentoring Network, connecting you to new talent
• A one-to-one consultation with a careers expert on how attract graduate talent
• A one-to-one business consultation on how to set up an in-house incubator project to support and help evolve new ideas and get early access to innovation
• Editorial coverage in Onboard Hospitality on why your company is an industry leader and how its initiatives should be recognised as best practice.
• The opportunity to run free recruitment advertising on onboardhospitality.com