Cabin Concept of the Year 2021
The 2021 Onboard Hospitality Awards are now open for entries and back for its second year is this prestigious airline award recognising cabin-wide innovation, created by multiple touchpoints.
Now in its eighth year, the Onboard Hospitality Awards are firmly-established as THE awards for the onboard hospitality sector and this additional Special Award recognises that in some cases it is not just one product or service that makes the difference to the passenger experience, but a combination of elements, coming together to support a new and specific vision for the cabin.
The winner of the 2021 Cabin Concept of the Year will be an airline. It will have entered:
• A complete new cabin concept or class
• That cabin or class will be launched and operational on at least one aircraft
• The airline will have identified and implemented a significant onboard rethink
The judging criteria
Each submission will be judged by our expert panel. The panel is a group of distinguished experts with over 350 years of inflight experience between them, chaired by Onboard Hospitality’s former editor, Jo Austin.
Our winner will have implemented a significant onboard project which spans across at least TWO of the following elements of the passenger experience, the more the better:
• Service/Crew – new training initiative/uniform/livery/branding
• Food – menu/service/delivery style/tableware
• Technology – apps/entertainment/connectivity/logistics/analytics
• Interior design – seat/decor/styling/lighting/colours
• Comfort – amenity kits/seat fabric/bedding range/wellbeing programmes
• Corporate Social Responsibility elements – waste management/sustainability policy
Our judges will look for:
• Innovation and excellence onboard
• Details of the thinking/brief behind the concept/project
• Key intentions of the concept – what it aimed to achieve
• How the concept improved the customer experience
• How the concept/thinking was applied to multiple, linked elements in the passenger experience
How to enter
• Fill in your personal and payment details on the following pages
• Submit your registration
• You will then be sent a link to the Submissions Form
• Submit details of your cabin concept by completing the Submissions Form
• As part of your submission you may also include a short, simple video pitch and/or existing promotional video content (no longer than 5 minutes).