Cabin Concept of the Year
The Onboard Hospitality Award for the Cabin Concept of the Year 2021 will recognise excellence in cabin-wide innovation, created by multiple touchpoints.
The winner of the 2021 Cabin Concept of the Year will be an airline. It will have entered:
• A complete new cabin concept or class
• That cabin or class will be launched and operational on at least one aircraft
• The airline will have identified and implemented a significant onboard rethink
The judging criteria
Each submission will be judged by our expert panel. The panel is a group of distinguished experts with over 350 years of inflight experience between them, chaired by Onboard Hospitality’s former editor, Jo Austin.
Our winner will have implemented a significant onboard project which spans across at least TWO of the following elements of the passenger experience, the more the better:
• Service/Crew – new training initiative/uniform/livery/branding
• Food – menu/service/delivery style/tableware
• Technology – apps/entertainment/connectivity/logistics/analytics
• Interior design – seat/decor/styling/lighting/colours
• Comfort – amenity kits/seat fabric/bedding range/wellbeing programmes
• Corporate Social Responsibility elements – waste management/sustainability policy
Our judges will look for:
• Innovation and excellence onboard
• Details of the thinking/brief behind the concept/project
• Key intentions of the concept – what it aimed to achieve
• How the concept improved the customer experience
• How the concept/thinking was applied to multiple, linked elements in the passenger experience
The winners will be announced in August 2021 at an awards ceremony that will take place alongside the World Travel Catering & Onboard Services Expo (WTCE) and The Aircraft Interiors Expo (AIX) in Hamburg.
For more information, contact email@example.com