Got a position to fill? Place it here!
Culinary Design Chef (Western)
Cathay Pacific Catering Services (H.K.) Limited is one of the largest flight kitchens in the world. With the largest catering facility at Hong Kong International Airport, it produces a daily average of 83,000 meals daily and serves over 40 international airline clients with an order fulfilment of up to 200 flights daily.
We are looking for high calibre professionals to fill the following position. This position will be based at our facility at Hong Kong International Airport.
The Catering Centre of Excellence (CCoE) establishes expertise by combining the core competencies of the Cathay Pacific (CX) and Cathay Dragon (KA) catering team and the Cathay Pacific Catering Services (CPCS) to a centralised function. Such collaboration enables CX and KA to deliver a consistent and customer-centric catering proposition that underlies the group’s ultimate brand promise of Life Well Travelled.
The Culinary Design Chef works under the CCoE to provide culinary expertise to support menu design and development for inflight and the lounges of CX and KA, and to ensure the smooth delivery and implementation from product prototypes to mass production in daily operations.
Additionally, the chef designs and develops Western menu and concepts for the benefits of CX and KA inflight and lounges. Continual development of culinary innovation, pushing boundaries and techniques to deliver the best culinary experience in-flight and in lounges, based on customers’ insights and commercial considerations.
The chef also supports the Assistant Manager, Culinary Design (AMCD) to develop short and medium term culinary development projects. This includes applying the latest food science and technology, SPML/dietician projects to enhance CX/KA on-board and lounges’ products, processes and cost advantage, as well as the long-term development of the culinary proposition for CX/KA. Update the meal library regularly and ensure the menu is up to trend.
• Works and assists the Assistant Manager, Culinary Design (AMCD), communicates the “art of the possible” to the Catering Inflight and Lounge Manager (CILM) in terms of what is operationally realistic to deliver in the CPCS kitchen in close liaison with CPCS Head Chef, Production team, Pricing and Contracts (PCD) team and Purchasing Team (PUR).
• Works with AMCD, responsible for International western culinary activities and ensure the highest standard of product quality to meet CX/KA customers’ expectation.
• Works closely with AMCD to design and develop in-flight and lounges International western menus by interacting regularly with CPCS Production team, PUR and PCD team, translating customer needs and dining concept/proposition from CX Customer Experience Food & Beverage Team into new culinary ideas and update the meal library regularly.
• Act as Culinary Consultant, be a focal point of contact to CPCS to coordinate with relevant CPCS kitchens and departments for new western dish/product initiatives and menu development.
• Work closely with AMCD to develop short and medium term western culinary development projects which include applying the latest food science and technology, SPML/dietician projects to enhance CX/KA on-board and lounges’ products, processes and cost advantage as well as the long-term development of the culinary proposition for CX/KA.
• Supports AMCD and menu planners for western menu design and development based on trends and insights. Coordinates with CPCS chef or caterers’ chef to plan and develop recipes and menus taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers. Delivers menus to time and specifications within CX/KA cost budget, create and develop new western menu/dishes for CX/KA.
• Supports CILM to participate in tendering process for outport caterer as needed. Ensure proposed menus for HKG and outport caterers are up to standard and within CX/KA budget and cost target given.
• Supports CILM/menu planners to attend caterer on-site meal presentations at outport and provide feedbacks as needed.
• Provide western culinary expertise/training to outport caterers for food quality improvement as needed.
• Supports AMCD to run training sessions/workshops for CX/KA Inflight Customer Services team and Cabin Crew by providing heating guideline, plating demonstrations, product information and culinary advice.
• Supports AMCD to specify food and menu development programmes/projects (with new equipment design as required) to support new food concept for CX/KA inflight and lounges according to Customer Experience Food & Beverage Team‘s dining concept and proposition.
• Works with external chefs for new culinary concepts/projects and promotional menus as required.
• Conduct menu audit from time to time. Hold regular menu tasting with chefs in CPCS & HK LSG to ensure CX/KA menus deliver consistently and up to mark by the caterers.
• Supports CX/KA menu set up for PR, media events and CX/KA internal events as required.
• Supports AMCD and Menu Planners to review food and drink satisfaction and make corrective action or suggestions if necessary.
• Formal culinary school graduate and excellent in culinary arts.
• Minimum 15 years of experience as a Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef
• Minimum 7 years of supervisory experience in cooking western cuisine in sizable hotels/restaurants or in-flight catering.
• In-flight catering experience or experience in a high volume food service environment.
• Good knowledge in controlling food cost
• Expert in western menu design as well as food displacing.
• Creative and can accept changes.
• Good people management and communication skills.
• Fluent in Cantonese, proficiency in English & Mandarin are a definite advantage.
• Good organisational and planning skills and the ability to work with different stakeholders in CPCS, CX/KA and outport caterers.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
• Basic computer skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred.
We offer a competitive remuneration package and full range of benefit. Interested parties please send your resume via post, email or fax to Personnel and Training Department.
Post: 11 Catering Road East, Hong Kong International Airport, Lantau, Hong Kong
Fax: (852) 2116 0523
Personal data collected will be treated in the strictest confidence and only be used for recruitment related purpose. Applicants who do not receive notification for interview within six weeks may consider their application unsuccessful.
Position: Operational Department
Client: Middle East Airline Catering Company
Location: Middle East
Position: Operations Manager
Client: Retail On-Board Services Company
Position: Duty Manager
Client: Airline Flight Kitchen
Location: Middle East
Chefs and Food & Beverage Professional required urgently!
A leading company in the middle-east is looking for talented chefs (Chef de Partie upwards) and restaurant/bar supervisors, managers and assistant managers to join an elite company either as a chef or an F & B Manager.
Send your resumes to ACSLRecruitment@consultant.com along with a recent photo and we will send you more details of the jobs available. All other hotel category jobs are also also available within our portfolio of clients so send your resume even if you don’t fall into the above categories of jobs.